Hyundai Venue Forum banner

Wireless Apple CarPlay Disconnect reconnect issue

36K views 68 replies 28 participants last post by  Angelina210 
Hello, everyone. So I bought a 2021 Venue SE.

Since the day I bought it. It only comes with wireless Apple CarPlay, and the wireless Apple CarPlay often disconnect saying the phone is not responding, I have to click the screen repeatedly to get the CarPlay back. Which is a safety issue.

Then I asked the dealership, they said I am the only customer with this complaint, so there isn’t anything they can do and told me to wait for system updates that might be able to fix it.

Does anyone have the same issue I am having? Or does anyone have any suggestions to help me solve this issue?
You are not the "only one" i have the same, and i've been told everyone have it. They try to fix it for 2 week. still not working. they'll BS you all over. Never buy the car again!!!!!
So I think I found a solution when I had to re-pair my iPhone to the headunit. During the setup process, when it asks if you want to sync contacts/calls, hit DECLINE. It's pairing it with the software from the headunit and its not part of Apple Carplay itself, causing the phone to not connect properly and dropped connections. I haven't had any disconnection issue since (over a month now).

So I think I found a solution when I had to re-pair my iPhone to the headunit. During the setup process, when it asks if you want to sync contacts/calls, hit DECLINE. It's pairing it with the software from the headunit and its not part of Apple Carplay itself, causing the phone to not connect properly and dropped connections. I haven't had any disconnection issue since (over a month now).
Anyone try my solution yet to see if it fixes anything? It's been nearly a month now without disconnection issues here.

me too! I have a 2021 venue and my friend drives a 2021 Santa Fe with the same issue. Plugged inn or not m
There was a new August 2021 update released for the headunit that claims to fix stability issues on iOS14. Check the thread I linked, and scroll down a few posts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.