Hyundai Venue Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same exact issue wi to my 2021 venue. At the car dealership RIGHT NOW and everyone is saying I’m the first with this problem. So frustrating!!!
🤬🤬 at my dealership they just said « Oh, that’s frequent with all Hyundai… it’s Apple’s fault! They will fix it with an update in their program.. » but I saw problems like that on Venues 2020 and still, it’s not fixed! I am pissed! They throw the problem at Apple, and when I called Apple they are NOT aware of a problem with Hyundais…

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ,
I bought a 2021 Venue about 2 weeks back. Right from day one, I've had this issue of carplay disconnecting randomly. Tried four different iphones all running the latest software, but this made no difference to the issue. Got in touch with dealer who came back with this reply - "Hyundai Canada is aware of this issue and is working on it. They cannot provide a timeframe when any sort of fix will be available. But there is nothing that can be done at the dealer level." So the dealer just washed their hands off the issue. The dealer was unable to answer my question as to why they are still selling this as a "feature" (the sales guy couldn't stop harping about the excellent infotainment system) when they know that the system is junk.
Does anyone in this forum know if there are any options to use a dongle/adapter through the 12v outlet or the USB port to mirror your phone? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ,
I bought a 2021 Venue about 2 weeks back. Right from day one, I've had this issue of carplay disconnecting randomly. Tried four different iphones all running the latest software, but this made no difference to the issue. Got in touch with dealer who came back with this reply - "Hyundai Canada is aware of this issue and is working on it. They cannot provide a timeframe when any sort of fix will be available. But there is nothing that can be done at the dealer level." So the dealer just washed their hands off the issue. The dealer was unable to answer my question as to why they are still selling this as a "feature" (the sales guy couldn't stop harping about the excellent infotainment system) when they know that the system is junk.
Does anyone in this forum know if there are any options to use a dongle/adapter through the 12v outlet or the USB port to mirror your phone? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Hi!! My car JUST got fixed last week! I went to my Hyundai car dealer and THEY open a file with Hyundai Canada, then Hyundai Canada sent them the new version of Carplay.

The problem is really the Carplay system that needs an update. I found one on a Facebook group but it didn’t work on my car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!! My car JUST got fixed last week! I went to my Hyundai car dealer and THEY open a file with Hyundai Canada, then Hyundai Canada sent them the new version of Carplay.

The problem is really the Carplay system that needs an update. I found one on a Facebook group but it didn’t work on my car.
Wow, that's great! Wonder why my dealership has no clue about this update. I had suggested that we should try and do an update, but they said that as this vehicle is only 2 weeks old, it would have the latest version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow, that's great! Wonder why my dealership has no clue about this update. I had suggested that we should try and do an update, but they said that as this vehicle is only 2 weeks old, it would have the latest version.
Think of all the cars they sold with a Carplay version that is NOT up to date.. People with Venues 2020 have the same I feel that they don’t want to do this update to all the cars so they say it’s Apple’s fault..
Once my car dealer got the update, he said they had to call back 3 other people to fix the same problem.. so if you don’t tell them you want this fixed, they « won’t be able to help you »
I will write back to Hyundai Canada for a complaint.
Good luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻

·
Registered
6 Posts
Think of all the cars they sold with a Carplay version that is NOT up to date.. People with Venues 2020 have the same I feel that they don’t want to do this update to all the cars so they say it’s Apple’s fault..
Once my car dealer got the update, he said they had to call back 3 other people to fix the same problem.. so if you don’t tell them you want this fixed, they « won’t be able to help you »
I will write back to Hyundai Canada for a complaint.
Good luck 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Thanks, Emily. Appreciate your replies. Will follow up with the dealer and see how that goes.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know if this will be helpful, I don't have an Apple device so can't try it and don't know much about it.
Some update details here:
2020 Venue download is at bottom...
Thanks for the links. If you notice, at the bottom where it says "list of eligible vehicles", it lists the Venue 2020 and not 2021. I'm not sure if this will be the latest version of the software available?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the links. If you notice, at the bottom where it says "list of eligible vehicles", it lists the Venue 2020 and not 2021. I'm not sure if this will be the latest version of the software available?
Yep, 2021 is not mentioned, that's why I only mentioned 2020. I think I'd want confirmation that the firmware is compatible before trying on a 2021, matbe compare version numbers. I just wanted to put it out there in case it can help some owners.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just wanted to come back and point out that the SW version for USA and Canada have slightly different numbers.
USA upgrade firmware in the link (for 2020) QX.USA..D2V.002.100.201113
Canada firmware (from my own 2021) QX.CAN.D2V.002.100.201113
The 2021 Venue, in Canada seems to already have the software version number installed that the USA is upgrading to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to come back and point out that the SW version for USA and Canada have slightly different numbers.
USA upgrade firmware in the link (for 2020) QX.USA..D2V.002.100.201113
Canada firmware (from my own 2021) QX.CAN.D2V.002.100.201113
The 2021 Venue, in Canada seems to already have the software version number installed that the USA is upgrading to.
Yes. I did notice that. However, in comparison to yours, my software Version is QX.CAN.D2V.002.100.200907 .So my vehicle seems to have an earlier version? Do you know where the Canadian version of the software can be downloaded from? All online searches take you to the US version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Haven't been able to find a download for Canada. Maybe contact Hyundai Canada and they will provide a link.
For comparison, my firmware version shows...QX.CAN.V148.200703

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dealership just told me the expected “never heard of that”. For me, the IPhone 12 didn’t do the trick.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts